Ways and methods of bringing more laughter into the world.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Bad Word- Liberal

Since when did being a liberal become such a bad word? Today, Mitt Romney and John McCain accused each other of being a liberal. "Oh my, say it aint's so." I remember as a child, when the worst thing you could call someone was a communist. In fact, my Dad, would say "he would rather be red, than dead."

The Democrats are bringing up race and gender, so I guess the Republicans need to bring up something that is as scary to some as a woman President or African American president, so they are calling each other liberals.

It is like the song, "I can sing better than you. No, you can't. Yes, I can." "No, you can't." Yes, I can." "No, you can't." It is like Mitt and John are saying to to each, "You are a Liberal." No I'm not." "Yes, you are." "No, I'm not." It is like Will Rogers said, "I don't do political jokes, because too often they are elected."

I guess my question is why would anything want to be president? And than spend millions and millions of money to become president? I think we should just save all the money the politicians spend and use it for health care, or our economy, or getting us out of Iraqi.

I would vote enthusiastically for the person, man, woman, child, white, black, green, who said they were only going to spend a couple thousand dollars to run for President. That person, I would believe wanted to make a difference, and wasn't just on a power trip. I won't even mind if they were a liberal black lesbian midget.

"Territorial Governors--are nothing but politicians who go out to the outskirts of countries and suffer the privations there in order to build up stakes and come back as United States Senators." Mark Twain's Autobiography

"No matter how healthy a man's morals may be when he enters the White House, he comes out again with a pot-marked soul." quoted in My Father Mark Twain, Clara Clemens

"History has tried hard to teach us that we can't have good government under politicians. Now, to go and stick one at the very head of the government couldn't be wise." New York Herald, 8/26/1876


"Our constitution protects aliens, drunks and U.S. Senators."
Will Rogers US humorist & showman (1879 - 1935)


Jana Ruth author of "Laugh and Live Happier: P.L.A.Y.S. for Life
www.janaruth.biz
www.laughandlivehappier.com
www.onewomanslaughter.blogspot.com

No comments: