Ways and methods of bringing more laughter into the world.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It is Within!

A beggar had been sitting by the side of a road for over thirty years. One day a stranger walked by. "Spare some change?" mumbled the beggar, mechanically holding out his old baseball cap. "I have nothing to give you," said the stranger. Then he asked" "What's that you are sitting on?" "Nothing," replied the beggar. "Just an old box. I have been sitting on it for as long as I can remember." "Ever looked inside?" asked the stranger. "No," said the beggar. "What's the point? There's nothing in there." "Have a look inside," insisted the stranger. The beggar managed to pry open the lid. With astonishment, disbelief, and elation, he saw that the box was filled with gold.

This story is from a great book by Eckhart Tolle entitled, "The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment." If you haven't read it I highly recommend. And if you have read it, I recommend that you read it again.

So, what is this story suggesting? I believe it is telling us that all the answers to our questions reside in ourselves. I believe it is telling us that instead of looking for others to solve our problems we have the ability to solve our own problems. I believe it is telling us that instead of expecting others to make us happy, we need to make ourselves happy.

Folks, our joy, our happiness, our bliss, our spirituality is all within ourselves. We are responsible for our lives. We create our life, by our thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. We must stop being the victim and become the director of our life.

If it easy? No! Is it possible? Yes! If it was easy, we won't need religion, self-help books, motivational speakers. I think it is exciting to know that I can create my life and not just be a victim. What do you think?

Jana Ruth
Author of Laugh and Live Happier: P.L.A.Y.S. for Life
www.janaruth.biz
www.laughandlivehappier.com
www.onewomanslaughter.blogstop.com

No comments: